Mothers Day weekend is upon us and with all of this going on you may be stuck on gift ideas. Lets face it we cant really go out and buy that special lady something right now and also shipping kinda sucks right now. But not to worry I have two little ideas for you and its only going to take you about 20 mins to make and cost you about the same amount of money or maybe even less.
Since I’m a mom I’m kinda of an expert on what moms really want (not really but roll with it) and I enjoy my alone time and self care. So why not give your mom, wife, aunt, grandmother or whoever the best of both worlds???
I got my DIY hat on and got inspired to create a Lavender Body Scrub & a Honey Lip Scrub! Yup Homemade Mothers Day Body & Lip Scrub. And I got everything for about 20 bucks and I purchased everything at my local Walmart! Yup a one stop shopping trip I got you gal/guy!!
And what I love about this is that you can make this a family activity like I did.
So lets get started with the Lavender Body Scrub first shall we..
1 mason jar (I purchased the 8 oz wide mouth and it came in a pack of four so it worked perfectly)
(Optional) Cute stickers mine look like this
Mixing bowls and spoon
2 cups of epsom salt
2 tbsp of vanilla extract
1/2 olive oil (you can use coconut oil or penut oil)
(Optional) Mica colorant by creative you or red and blue food coloring to make the scrub purple
Lavender essential oil
1. In a mixing bowl place the epsom salt and add the olive oil, make sure you mix it well
2. Add the vanilla and add about 15-20 drops of the lavender essential oil, mix well
3. Add the colorant or food coloring and you guessed it mix well again
4. Carefully pour your scrub into your mason jar and thats it!
I added a ribbon and the sticker to lid and had the kids sign their name and their you have it your homemade lavender body scrub (high five)
Honey Vanilla Lip Scrub
So the supplies are the same as above
2 cups of sugar
12-15 white chocolate chips (they need to be in powder form you can uses a grinder but if you don’t have one you can just cut them into very fine pieces which is what I did)
Sweet orange essential oil (or any citrus essential oil you prefer) this will improve blood flow and circulation for rosy lips. Also make sure it is safe for consumption since it will be used on your lips.
1. Place the sugar and avocado oil in a the mixing bowl and get to mmiixxing
2. Add the white chocolate chips and mix
3. Add 1/2 tsp of honey (kamilah went kinda crazy with the honey so im sure she added more than that) since the honey is thick you want to make sure you thoroughly mix it.
4. Lastly add 15-20 drops of the sweet orange essential oil and mix one last time
5. Place your lip scrub into the mason jar seal it and bbaamm your done!
So block at least 15-20 min of your day, set aside about 20 bucks and a make sure you have whole lot of arm strength lol!
I hope you enjoyed reading my Homemade Mothers Day Body & Lip Scrub and hopefully you decide to try it out it doesn’t need to be a gift you can just make it for yourself. Hello SELF CARE! Im definitely debating whether I should make more or just keep them to myself (shrugs) JK they were made specifically for my mom and mother in law. But I’ll be making some for myself really soon.
Thank you again for stopping by and if your a mama I just want to wish you early happy mothers day! I hope your weekend is full of love and laughter. You’re amazing and you deserve the world!
See you next time